SQUARE ENIX has today announced that Final Fantasy XV will be heading to PC. Enix will use its cutting-edge Luminous Engine together with NVIDIA GameWorks and other advanced technologies to make FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION the definitive version of the game with support for native 4K and 8K resolutions. FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will also include the bonus content from the console versions (that were originally available through the Season Pass and free updates) with the addition of a new first-person mode that allows a more immersive experience.
“With the help of NVIDIA, we are creating a stunning visual experience in FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, one worthy of this beloved franchise,” said Hajime Tabata, Director of FINAL FANTASY XV at SQUARE ENIX. “NVIDIA pushes the pace of innovation in our industry, and that benefits gamers and developers alike.”
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
- NVIDIA Flow – to create dynamic, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – to create dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – to enable characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – to create dynamic grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
FINAL FANTASY WINDOWS EDITION will be available in the early part of 2018 for Windows PC. For more info key your eyes open at www.finalfantasyxv.com